Granny's accepts new personal care items and new, or like new adult size clothing and household items.* Please see below for our top needs and a complete list of what we do and do not accept and visit our Anoka or Elk River warehouse page to see donation days and times.
CURRENT NEEDS AS OF 4/11/2023
- Men's razors
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Dish soap
- Any household cleaners
ELK RIVER WAREHOUSE:
- Household cleaning products – bathroom, kitchen, all purpose
- Laundry detergent
- Pots and pans - new or like new
- Kitchen utensils – spatulas, serving spoons, rubber scrapers, wooden spoons
- 2-slice toasters
- 4-cup coffeemakers
- New/like new women’s sweatpants and sweatshirts – 2X, 3X, 4X
- Personal Care Items
- toilet paper, tissues, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, lotion, hand soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, combs/brushes, etc.
- Men's and Women's Clothing (SEASONAL)
- tops, bottoms, NEW undergarments, pajamas, active-wear, jackets, hats, gloves/mittens, etc. (we especially need sizes 3X and up)
- Clothing items must be free from stains & odors.
- Cleaning supplies
- laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, Clorox or Lysol type wipes, all types of house cleaner, paper towels, sponges, mops, buckets, etc.
- plates, bowls, coffee cups, drinking glasses, utensils, dish towels, dish soap, trash cans, small appliances in great condition (microwaves, coffee pots, etc.)
- Bed and Bath
- sheet sets, bath towel sets, wastebaskets, laundry baskets
- Medical Equipment
- Wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs, etc.
Granny's does NOT accept:
- Large furniture items (sofas, loveseats, TV stands, bookshelves)
- Home decor (paintings, picture frames, knick knacks, throw pillows, etc.)
*When donated items are already in ample supply or we are experiencing lack of warehouse space, Granny's Closet reserves the right to re-donate items to other local organizations. New or next-to-new items that are excess stock, excluding personal care items, may be sold with 100% of the profits going directly back into the Granny's Closet account to purchase items for clients that are not currently available.